"Amy Maude Helfer was a wry, sly, and stylish Phoebe."
- The New York Times, 1/21/2013, The Yeomen of the Guard at New York City Center
"Amy Maude Helfer's deft Nancy registered... strongly..."
- Opera News, 4/2015, Albert Herring at Bronx Opera
"Amy Maude Helfer as... Pitti-Sing stole all of her scenes with her wry delivery..."
- Theatre Scene, 1/2017, The Mikado (Re-Imagined) at The Kaye Playhouse
"Amy Maude Helfer's gorgeous voice stood out in Tessa's aria 'When a merry maiden marries.'"
- Classical Source, 5/2015, The Gondoliers at Skirball Center for the Performing Arts
"As is often the case with Winter Opera, there were some truly fine voices in this cast, with mezzo Amy Maude Helfer leading the pack as a completely engaging Phoebe. She displayed a fluid, smooth voice and impressive acting skills. "
- KDHX.org, 11/2015, The Yeomen of the Guard at Winter Opera Saint Louis
"Amy Maude Helfer sings Phoebe. (She has sung the role twice before-with the wonderful New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players.) This lady has a gorgeous voice, she's beautiful, and she has a lovely sense of how to handle Gilbert and Sullivan."
- BroadwayWorld, 11/2015, The Yeomen of the Guard at Winter Opera Saint Louis
"The performances are earnest and truthful, filled with specificity and sung gloriously... Standouts are Amy Maude Helfer, whose creamy rich mezzo gives Nancy warmth and sincerity..."
- StageBuddy, 1/2015, Albert Herring at Bronx Opera
"Mezzo-soprano Amy Maude Helfer was pert and vivacious as Melissa..."
- Theatre Scene, 5/2016, Princess Ida at Skirball Center for the Performing Arts
"The couple of young lovers was downright appealing... mezzo-soprano Amy Maude Helfer was a lovely Nancy... perky and good-hearted..."
- Classical Music Rocks, 1/2015, Albert Herring at Bronx Opera
"Amy Maude Helfer lent her clear mezzo-soprano to the role of the frustrated Phoebe..."
- Ladue News, 11/2015, The Yeomen of the Guard at Winter Opera Saint Louis
"Secondary roles provide some of the richest opportunities in the Savoy canon, which the players are always keen to seize.... Amy Maude Helfer... did vibrant work..."
- The New York Times, 1/6/2014, Patience at Symphony Space
"Darling Amy Maude Helfer made her every appearance as outlandish as the oversized three-cornered hat she wore. She was able to hide from the Count and when discovered, create the 'so what's the big deal' attitude... And the singing!... Amy Maude has the great 'Non so piu' and ['Voi che sapete'] to show off her prodigious pipes."
- Oakwood Register, 4/10/2013, The Marriage of Figaro at Dayton Opera
"After intermission, the Phoenix Symphony Chorus, conducted by Thomas Bookhout, sang... a rousing performance of Haydn's well-known 'Lord Nelson' Mass... All four soloists were excellent..."
- New York Concert Review, 5/2015, Lord Nelson Mass at Carnegie Hall
"There were plentiful highlights... Amy Maude Helfer's dusky mezzo sang the charms of 'Barney O'Flynn,' Irish brogue and all, and several other chestnuts."
- Forbes on Film & Footlights, 11/2014, Art is Calling For Me with Victor Herbert Renaissance Project Live
"The singing in the New York Gilbert and Sullivan Players’ The Yeomen of the Guard, at New York City Center, may be its greatest asset... winningly sung by a strong cast... and there is sturdy support-- and fun-- from Helfer..."
- Backstage, 1/2013, The Yeomen of the Guard at New York City Center
"... and Amy Helfer, as Kalyba, charmed..."
- The New York Times, 11/23/2010, Utopia, Limited at Symphony Space
"The other girl affected by Colonel Fairfax’s imprisonment and escape is Phoebe Meryll, acted with admirable spirit by Ms. Amy Maude Helfer. Ms. Helfer makes it clear that Phoebe clearly loves the Colonel, even if she has something of a track record with men (such as Shadbolt) and her despair at discovering how painful jealousy is very touchingly revealed in the quartet 'When a Wooer Goes A-Wooing.'"
- Savoynet, 1/2013, The Yeomen of the Guard at New York City Center
"Another stand-out in the funny department is Amy Maude Helfer as Kate, her facial expressions alone, had me laughing!"
- The Rogers Revue, 7/2012, The Pirates of Penzance at Wolf Trap
"Kate (Amy Maude Helfer)... stood out from the other wards... with delightfully unique quirks."
- DC Metro Theater Arts, 6/2012, The Pirates of Penzance at Wolf Trap
"Fine comical turns are also provided by... Amy Maude Helfer, whose flirty Pitti-Sing is sung with an expressive mezzo."
- BroadwayWorld.com, 1/2011, The Mikado at Symphony Space
"Among a highly proficient cast, there were some standouts... and Kalyba (Amy Helfer) was a special delight."
- Forbes on Film & Footlights, 11/2010, Utopia, Limited at Symphony Space
"Casting was strong all around... Amy Maude Helfer was right on the button as soubrette Susan..."
- Forbes on Film & Footlights, 11/2010, The Desert Song with Light Opera of New York
"Later in the program alto Amy Maude Helfer and a female chorus regaled us with a gentle melody..."
- Theatre Scene, 1/2010, New Years' Eve Gala at Symphony Space